hello there


I never know how to start these introductory posts, but here I am and here you are... so WELCOME! I'm Caley (it rhymes with Daily). I started blogging nearly 10 years ago with a family blog, then a design blog, worked with an awesome blog called HowDoesShe, and designed and help jump start over a dozen friend's blogs.

I quit in a few years ago when life got a little too crazy. Since finding my footing again, I've had so many urges and pulls and little callings to come back to this space and write. I would start a draft here and there but nothing felt genuine. It wasn't me. I felt like I needed to "catch up" on life. But I didn't want to do that. I wanted to start fresh.

So here's me a going for it...here's as much of a "catch up" as I'm going to give ya:
  • I'm the oldest of five kids: three sisters and and a brother - who are all the coolest people. If you've met them, you can attest to it. My parents are awesome too!
  • I'm married to my high school sweetheart, BUT it is and means so much more than that. We've been best friends for over thirteen years and it just keeps getting better. 
  • By day I'm an interior designer. By night I'm attempting to pull it all together. To find balance, clarity, and order amongst chaos. But I'm beginning to believe it's a lifetime trial, but I'm ready!
  • I can very rarely say no to a chocolate chip cookie or salted caramel anything. 
  • I'm not quite 5'1" but I claim it. 
  • I've tried to capture what I see in the world on a daily basis on my Instagram @daily.caley. It started as a project on my 29th birthday to ease me into my 30's. Now that I'm a month from my 31st birthday, I'm trying to add to it. To make it deeper. Maybe this blog will do the trick. 
I'm still not sure where I'm going or what I'm doing with this blog yet, but I'm trying to a new thing - following my intuition. I'm trying to write and feel and experience and love and fill my life with more goodness. More whole-heartedness. A little more of pretty much everything good...



Comments